PG DIPLOMA IN SALES AND MARKETING
The diploma shall consist of two core courses covering the generic sales subject. The other two courses shall be in the form of electives which shall be industry /channel specific.
1. Basics of sales & the sales process
2. Selling skills & techniques
3. Use of Social Media for sales
4. Electives: (A/B/C/D/E/F)
A. i) Institutional Sales Basic
ii) Institutional Sales Adv.
B. i) Retail Sales Basic
ii) Retail Sales Adv.
C. i) Channel Sales (Telecom) Basic
ii) Channel Sales (Telecom) Adv.
D. i) Insurance Sales Basic
ii) Insurance Sales Adv.
E. i) Banking Sales Basic
ii) Banking Sales Adv.
F. i) Tele sales Basic
ii) Tele sales Adv.
Course Title: Basics of sales & the sales process
Total Credit Hours: 60
Introduction and Course Objectives: This course is meant to give the participant an initial understanding of what is sales, its brief history, types of sales and the processes involved.
- Basics Of sales
- Types of Sales
- Market analysis
- The sales process
- Understand the Definition & brief history of Sales
- Conduct a market analysis for a specific service/product
- Be able to describe the Sales process
- Understand behaviour of buyers
- Be able to create a promotional strategy
- Will be able to handle objections effectively
- Will be able to close a sale
- Undertake sales follow-ups
- Introduction to Sales
- Definitions related to Sales
- Concept & Process of Sales
- Differences Sales & Marketing
- Personal Selling
- Retail/Consumer sales
- Institutional sales
- Product Market Analysis
- Understanding Consumer Behaviours
- Promotional Strategies
- AIDAS Theory
- Selling Cycle
- Objection Handling
- Sales Closure
- Post Sales- Follow -up
Method of Teaching:
Lecture, Discussion, presentation & project work
Method of Assessment & Weightage:
Assessment Tasks: Written Exam: Project
Weightage: 70%: 30 %